> Holy Land Tour 2013
February 6 - 19, 2013
Hosted by Rev. Dr. Robert and Lynne Holst
Rev. Dr. Robert and Mrs. Lynne Holst are experienced travelers and tour leaders. As missionaries and teachers, they lived in Papua New Guinea, Mexico and Korea and, for more than a decade, they have led Concordia tours to a variety of places around the world. Bob is a Pastor with a doctorate in Biblical Theology and Lynne is a registered nurse. They work to provide an informative and friendly Christ-centered tour with spiritual value.
• Fellowship of traveling with a community of alumni and friends of Concordia University-St. Paul under the leadership of President Emeritus Dr. Robert Holst and wife, Lynne Holst.
• Customized tour itinerary as detailed including a two-night excursion into Jordan to visit Madaba, Mt. Nebo and the ancient city of Petra, capital of Nabataeans.
• Airfare from Twin Cities on United Airlines including current fuel surcharge.
• Accommodations in a combination of Superior First Class and First Class hotels plus kibbutz guest houses at the Sea of Galilee and Dead Sea and use of Jerusalem hotel room until airport transfer on last day.
• 24 meals included: buffet breakfast daily, twelve dinners and one lunch.
• Private deluxe, air-conditioned motor coaches for transfers and touring including luggage handling of one piece per tour member in/out of hotels.
• Entrance fees and donations for included visits and activities described in the itinerary.
• Services of an English-speaking, licensed Christian Palestinian tour guide throughout Israel and Bethlehem and an English-speaking, licensed Jordanian tour guide who meets the group upon entering Jordan and travels with the group throughout Jordan until crossing back into Israel.
• A day in Bethlehem to include special visits to Christmas Lutheran Church and the International Center of Bethlehem (ICB) and possible meeting with Rev. Mitri Raheb or other ICB staff and Dr. Nuha Khoury of Dar al-Kalima College.
• Sunday worship at the Lutheran Church of the Redeemer in the Old City and fellowship time with Rev. Fred Strickert.
• All taxes on included and prepaid land services including the current bridge taxes ($44) between Israel and Jordan.
• A $100 donation to Concordia University-St. Paul.
Passport , Visa, Health & Travel Information
U.S. citizens need a passport valid at least six months beyond the tour return date. Passport applications are available at www.travel.state.gov
. A visa is required for Jordan and will be obtained on tour. CrossingBorders
will facilitate visa processing for U.S. citizens. No vaccinations are required for U.S citizens. Non-U.S. citizens are responsible for their own passport and visa requirements; without proper documents entry can be denied at tour member’s expense. This travel program requires walking on uneven surfaces including steps and inclines at times for significant distances and for one to three hours with periodic
rests. If you have concerns about your abilities, consult CrossingBorders
or the tour host.
All Photos Copyright © Visit Jordan
For More Information
Sally Cordes ’55
Office of Alumni Relations
Concordia University, St. Paul
To download a printer friendly copy of the brochure, click here